Archives for category: Outlook
I am currently using Outlook 2013. I am an avid user of folders to organize my email and have accumulated a fairly large number of them. Everything was working just fine for a while, but recently I noticed an issue with my folders that would cause Outlook 2013 to temporarily freeze up.
This would occur when I would expand my Inbox to view the sub-folders. Then I would click on a folder to view the email it contained. It was at that point, Outlook 2013 would then freeze up, and it would appear to be rolling up each folder slowly until the Inbox was again collapsed.
Sometimes I would do this three or four times before it would allow me to get to retrieve the email I needed from one of the sub-folders. FRUSTRATING!
Turns out this one strange little trick seems to resolve the issue:
With your mouse, drag the Inbox folder below the Outbox.  Once that’s done, drag it back below the Drafts folder.  That’s it!

I recently ran into an issue where a user had uploaded an Outlook Message file to a web application. The users were reporting an error that each time they tried to click on a link to the .MSG file, the web browser would display an error message that the file had been moved or could not be found. This issue was happening across all web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

The web server was running Windows 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.

What I did not realize and was surprising to me was that a Mime Type is not defined by default for .MSG files in IIS, surprising because it is a Microsoft Outlook file extension and a Microsoft web server.

The fix was surprisingly simple. I logged into the web server and opened the IIS Manager.

I selected the Web server and clicked on the Mime Types icon.

Click the Add link and create the following new .msg Mime Type: application/

This immediately fixed the issue without an IISRESET or server reboot.